Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the director.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. Directly manages and directs Operational staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Reporting Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills