Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing Balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures